What are Dermal Fillers?
Dermal fillers are a gel-like substance that is injected beneath the skin at different depths. There are a number of different dermal fillers with each providing a different outcome. This cosmetic procedure is done under local anesthesia to bring a number of benefits:
– improve shallow contours;
– provide move volume to certain areas of the face (such as cheeks or temples);
– smooth out wrinkled and furrowed skin;
– reduce nasolabial folds, chin crease, and crow’s feet.
– add more symmetry to facial features;
– volumize thin lips.
Dermal Filler Injections
Injectable dermal fillers can be used as a dedicated anti-aging cosmetic procedure as well as in conjunction with facial rejuvenation treatment. You should remember that facial dermal fillers aren’t permanent. Because your body will naturally absorb injected substances, their effect will last from 6 to 18 months. This time depends on the type of filler and its volume, area of application, tissue structure, as well as the speed of metabolic processes in the body.
Where Can Injectable Dermal Fillers Be Used?
More often than not, cosmetic dermal fillers are used to reshape the face in a non-surgical manner. In other words, they add volume to the desired places, gently alter facial features, and fill wrinkles and creases to smooth them out. All of this contributes to a youthful and radiant appearance. When it comes to specific areas of the face, dermal filler procedures target:
– Cheeks to increase their volume and create a lifted facial contour;
– Lips to increase their size and volume
– Corners of the mouth to remove the so-called marionette lines and smile lines;
– Sides of the Nose to reduce nasolabial folds;
– Chin and Jaw line to eliminate sagginess, diminish chin crease, and improve side profile.
When it comes to cosmetic dermal fillers, you have a wealth of choices including different brands and filler materials. We work with a large selection of FDA approved fillers:
–Revanesse Versa is a hyaluronic acid filler product that provides natural-looking results due to the spherical shape of molecules. It can significantly improve your look even if you have very deep wrinkles. Patients absolutely love their results with Revanesse Versa and as an injector it is much easier to manipulate in different areas.
–Radiesse is a dermal filler treatment that utilizes calcium hydroxylapatite, a compound that naturally occurs in our bodies, mainly in bones. Radiesse is associated with a more lasting effect (up to 18 months) and it also boosts natural collagen production.
–Restylane Contour benefits from the innovative XpresHAn Technology designed to sculpt cheeks without impacting your natural facial expression.
– Restylane Lyft provides a lifting effect in the middle and lower face (cheekbones, chin, and lower jaw). It adds more definition to facial features without adding much volume.
– Restylane Defyne is a soft hyaluronic acid filler designed to fill wrinkles and lines as well as reduce nasolabial folds.
– Belotero is a German cosmetic filler gel featuring hyaluronic acid. There are a few types of Belotero injections that can eliminate fine wrinkles and make deep folds less noticeable.
Lip Dermal Fillers
Not everyone can boast plump seductive lips. Fortunately, you can fix what may bother you when looking in the mirror with dermal lip fillers. Hyaluronic acid – this natural substance is the most common option for lip augmentation – adds more volume to the lips. Plus, it is capable of mildly changing their shape to improve proportions and symmetry.
What Can I Expect on the Day of My Procedure?
Typically, a procedure of dermal filler injection includes such steps as:
1. Consultation – Your injector will examine your skin to assess its condition as well as mark the areas that require treatment.
2. Preparation for injection – the target area of your face will be cleaned, and topical anesthetic will be applied.
3. Injection – it takes only a few moments to inject filler to a specific site; however, since it is important to cover the whole area of treatment, you will have a few such injections. Overall, the whole procedure lasts about 15-30 minutes.
4. Cleaning – once you received your treatment, markings on your face will be removed. You may be offered an ice pack to reduce swelling. You can feel some post-injection discomfort (such as swelling or mild pain) but it shouldn’t last more than a day or two.
Dermal Filler FAQ
You’re a good candidate for dermal fillers if you have age-related changes in your appearance (such as wrinkles) or want to slightly alter some of your facial features (such as hollow cheeks). Before you get injectable dermal fillers, you need to make sure you check these boxes:
– You haven’t had a vaccine in the past 2 weeks
– You are not breastfeeding
– You aren’t sick or recovering from being sick
– No Dental work within a 2 week period
This helps to ensure that the fillers work appropriately, and do not cause any unnecessary inflammation or lead to further reactions.
This question can be asked only after consultation. We can help guide you on the best dermal filler depending on where you want it and how long you want it to last. Some of our dermal fillers have more in the syringe than others depending on the brand which may be more beneficial to add to the area you want adjusted. Dermal fillers have different prices depending on the brand and indication, so these factors are also taken into consideration.
The effect of injectable fillers persists for 6-24 months. It depends on the type of filler you choose, its volume, as well as biological processes of your body.
FDA-approved dermal fillers might cause allergic reactions, but these instances are very rare. These risks are reduced with an experienced injector and with a quality product. It’s always recommended when going to a new place to ask how long the injector has been in business and what training they have had. Experiences outside of an aesthetic injector is always a positive as they will know how to handle a situation if one were to arise. Nevertheless, side effects at the injection site can occur which could include the following: rash, itching, redness, swelling, and bruising.
The Pretty Girl Promise
Our skin is a mirror of our age. As we grow older, its tissues inevitably lose their volume and firmness. Cheeks become sunken, shadows appear where there were none, creases seem deeper and sharper… Luckily, it’s possible to slow down these unwanted changes with dermal fillers. This minimally invasive cosmetic treatment can reverse the time and restore your youthful appearance. Even more, it can add more volume to the features of your face you’ve always wanted to make more defined.
At Pretty Girl we do our very best to make you look natural and youthful without unnecessary procedures. We talk some patients out of procedures if we know the result isn’t going to give them what they want. We promise to make sure you are happy with our work and that you don’t pay for what you don’t need. We hope to see you soon!