Even with the innovative skincare products and alternatives available today, the signs of aging become visible by a certain age.
Fortunately, PDO threads are here to help with fine lines and wrinkles.
Continue reading to find out more.
How PDO Threads Work
A PDO thread lift is a non-invasive and revolutionary treatment that passes threads beneath the skin, providing immediate lift while firming the underlying tissues and stimulating collagen production over time.
The threads are made from a polydioxanone substance that the body absorbs over time and delivers natural-looking results.
What Areas Can be Treated?
Any area of the face or body can be treated with a PDO thread lift, but here are the most typical ones:
- Under the eye
- Crow’s feet
- Upper and lower cheeks
- Nasolabial folds
- Wrinkles around the mouth
During the Treatment
The treatment process can be carried out in under an hour, and this is usually how it goes:
- Your provider will mark where the threads will go underneath the skin.
- Local anesthetic will be applied to those areas.
- Once the skin feels numb, your provider will insert a long needle (cannula) underneath with the thread attached into your skin, passing under the surface.
- Your provider will gently tug the thread to create tension and gently lift the tissue.
- The process is repeated until all threads are placed, with more or less than 20 threads to be used.
- You can go back to your normal routine once the treatment is done.
Benefits of a PDO Thread Lift
Aside from lifting and tightening the skin, the other outstanding benefits you can get from a PDO thread lift are:
- Non-invasive. The threads are inserted into the outermost layers of your skin, but the treatment is largely non-invasive since it doesn’t involve any surgery or general anesthesia.
- Immediate, long-lasting results. What most patients love about the PDO thread lift is that you can notice a difference right after the treatment. PDO threads can give you a lift that lasts and lasts, while helping to shape and better define your facial contours.
- Quick recovery. One of the most significant advantages of having a thread lift is the reduced recovery time. Since it’s nonsurgical, there’s not much down time required, making it easier to return to your regular daily routines.
Following PDO thread lifting, your skin is instantly lifted because the threads give support to lift the skin into its new position. You can appear slightly firmer as expected and your looks will be noticeably much more natural after about a week.
While PDO thread lifts are generally safe, minor side effects can still occur, such as:
- mild pain and swelling
- minor bruising around the treated areas
- slight inflammation
A PDO thread lift is an effective treatment that can give you instantly lifted, younger-looking skin that lasts!
If you’re interested in trying this treatment for yourself, our qualified providers here at Pretty Girls Aesthetics will sit down with you for a one-on-one consultation to develop a treatment plan that meets your specific needs.
Call now and schedule your appointment with us today!