Are you looking for a noninvasive treatment that will address skin issues like fine lines, wrinkles, acne scarring and hyperpigmentation?
Aside from over-the-counter skin care products, microneedling could be the treatment that is just right for you! This treatment stimulates the skin’s natural healing process, which results in increased collagen production, rejuvenating the skin and giving it a more youthful and refreshed appearance.
Keep reading to learn more about microneedling.
What Is Microneedling?
Also known as collagen induction therapy, microneedling is a non-invasive cosmetic treatment in which fine needles are used to create tiny punctures on the skin’s surface. The procedure is intended for stimulating collagen production and skin rejuvenation, with the goal of:
Microneedling can be done on the face, neck, chest, and other areas of the body.
Who Are the Ideal Candidates For Microneedling?
The procedure is considered safe for most people, but it is not recommended for those with certain skin conditions such as eczema, active acne, or open wounds. It’s also not recommended for people with keloid scars.
Keep in mind that it is important to have a consultation with the specialist before deciding to undergo the treatment.
What Happens During Professional Microneedling?
The procedure is commonly performed using a device known as a microneedling pen, which is equipped with tiny needles that penetrate different depths of the skin.
A typical microneedling procedure goes like this:
- The skin is thoroughly cleansed.
- Your provider then applies topical anesthetic cream to numb the target area.
- Sometimes, depending on your concerns, the appropriate serum could be applied onto the skin to make it moist and extremely smooth, allowing the microneedling device to easily glide over the area.
- Your provider will then use the microneedling device to make controlled micro-injuries onto your skin. The depth and number of pricks may vary according to your skin type and the target area.
- After the procedure is over, your provider applies the appropriate serum for your skin concerns and possibly a cooling mask to calm down the skin.
The procedure typically takes approximately 30 minutes to an hour, and can be performed in a doctor’s office or med spa.
After the procedure, the skin may be red, swollen, and sensitive, but this should subside within a few days. Your provider may also advise applying sunscreen and topical creams during the recovery period to protect the skin.
You’ll notice a difference in your skin texture a week after your first treatment. You may notice that your pores look more refined, along with an improvement in the appearance of acne scars and deeper wrinkles after three treatments.
The final results usually appear after 4 to 6 weeks. Some people see a significant improvement after one session, but more than one session might be required to achieve the desired outcome.
Refine your skin texture and look more radiant from the inside out with microneedling! Here at Pretty Girl Aesthetics in Knoxville, TN, our providers have given countless patients the best possible results in the safest way possible.
Call now and schedule an appointment with us!