Did you know that facial lines that appear when you laugh, smile, frown or squint can become more pronounced with age? Such wrinkles are called dynamic wrinkles and are often caused by the repeated movement of the facial muscles.
Although we can’t fully stop the aging process, Botox® injections are a safe and effective way to help prevent existing lines and wrinkles from deepening – and new ones from forming as well.
Read on to know more.
What Is Botox®?
Botox® is an FDA-approved neurotoxin that relaxes or temporarily paralyzes facial muscles to reduce the appearance of moderate to severe dynamic wrinkles, such as:
- Crow’s feet – Lines that spread out from the outer corner of your eyes
- Frown lines (aka Glabellar lines) – Vertical lines that appear between your brows when you frown or squint
- Forehead lines – Horizontal lines on your forehead
How Does Botox® Work?
Botox® is a neuromodulator that blocks the nerve signals from your brain to the facial muscles. As a result, it temporarily relaxes the treated muscles and softens the appearance of dynamic wrinkles on your face
How Can Botox® Help You Look Younger?
- Treating Existing Fine Lines And Wrinkles
Botox® injections are the gold standard for treating existing wrinkles by relaxing the underlying muscles. It can also prevent them from deepening further.
- Preventing New Wrinkles From Forming
Getting regular Botox® injections earlier can help prevent new wrinkles from forming. This is known as Preventative Botox® and it can be done in your early or mid- 20’s to delay the appearance of early signs of aging.
- Reducing The Frequency Of Follow-Up Botox® Injections
Regular Botox® injections can help train the facial muscles to contract less in the future. As a result, it not only prevents lines and wrinkles from forming, but also reduces the frequency of Botox® injections needed to treat them.
What To Expect From The Procedure
- Botox® is a minimally invasive and virtually painless procedure. The injection itself can take as little as 10 to 15 minutes, depending on how much Botox® you need to treat a specific area.
- It requires little to no downtime at all, so you can go back to your daily routine right after.
- It might take 2 to 3 days for significant results to appear, with the Botox® taking full effect up to 14 days after the injection.
- The effects of Botox® injections are not permanent, so you might need to schedule follow-up appointments every 3 to 4 months to maintain the results, depending on how fast your body metabolizes the substance.
To conclude, Botox® can reduce the appearance of moderate to severe fine lines and wrinkles and help take years off your face. However, only a well-trained injector can determine the appropriate dosage required to treat a specific area safely (and to ensure that you don’t end up with unnatural results that can make your face look frozen).
At Pretty Girl Aesthetics, our qualified injectors offer a world-class experience and have helped countless patients get beautiful, natural-looking Botox® results in Knoxville, TN. With their extensive expertise and experience, they are especially adept at determining customized treatment plans best suited to address your aesthetic goals and needs.
Book a consultation now!