Acne, enlarged pores, and dark spots are some of the most common skin concerns that people face.
Acne is a skin condition that can affect people of all ages and skin types. It occurs when the hair follicles become clogged with oil and dead skin cells, leading to the formation of pimples, blackheads, and whiteheads.
Enlarged pores are another common skin concern that are usually the result of excessive oil production, genetics, or signs of aging.
Dark spots, also known as hyperpigmentation, can occur due to various factors such as sun damage, inflammation, and hormonal changes.
While there are several treatments available for these skin concerns, microneedling has emerged as a popular and effective option addressing all of them. Microneedling involves using a device with tiny needles to create controlled micro-injuries in the skin, which stimulates the body’s natural healing process and thus boosts natural collagen production, leading to skin rejuvenation.
Keep reading and learn more about microneedling.
All About Microneedling
The microneedling treatment works by inducing the body’s collagen and elastin production, which can help to smooth out the texture of the skin, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, lift sagging skin, and improve overall skin tone.
Additionally, microneedling can enhance the absorption of skincare products by up to 90%, making it an effective way to boost the effectiveness of your skincare routine.
Taking Care of Your Skin After Microneedling
After microneedling, it’s important to take care of your skin to ensure optimal healing and results. Here are some tips on how to nourish and protect your skin after the treatment:
- Keep the skin clean and moisturized. Use a gentle cleanser to keep the skin clean and free from dirt and bacteria. Apply a moisturizer to keep the skin hydrated and to promote healing.
- Avoid sun exposure. Protect the skin from sun exposure by wearing broad-spectrum sunscreen with an SPF of 30 or higher. Sun exposure can cause damage to the skin, slowing down the healing process and causing hyperpigmentation.
- Avoid makeup for the first few days following the treatment. Refrain from applying makeup or any other products to the treated area for the first few days after microneedling to allow the skin to heal properly.
- Avoid strenuous exercise. Skip heavy activities for the first few days after treatment as sweating can cause irritation and delay the healing process.
- Don’t pick or scratch the skin. It’s important not to pick at or scratch the skin as this can cause scarring and delay the healing process.
- Follow the recommended post-treatment regimen. Your skincare professional will recommend a specific post-treatment regimen tailored to your skin type and needs. Follow this regimen closely to maximize the results of the treatment.
- Be patient. Results from microneedling may take several weeks to appear as the skin heals and collagen and elastin production increases. Be patient and continue to take care of your skin to see the full benefits of the treatment.
Microneedling offers a safe, minimally invasive, and effective solution for addressing common skin concerns such as acne, pores, and dark spots.
Here at Pretty Girl Aesthetics in Knoxville, TN, our providers have given countless patients beautiful, natural-looking microneedling with radiofrequency energy results in the safest way possible.